Home Page
Saturday, 24 August 2019

Latest VideoWatch more

'Minutes of BLSA Committee Meeting 13th January 2018'

13th January 2018, 8.30pm

BLSA committee meeting

 

Present – Edward Delahaye (ED), Nick Glynn (NG), Nick Dodge (ND),Chris Moore (CM), Nick Trollope (NT),  Dave Hicks (DH)

 

Apologies -  Sarah Burn

 

Outstanding action items

 

The following items were discussed.

 

Raised

Action

Allocated

Completed / Ongoing

 

Analysis of race entries re transponder hire

DH

Completed

 

Future transponder ownership by racers

Document.

NG

 

Completed

 

2018 Insurance document on website

Alteration to membership letters re Insurance

CM

DH

Completed

 

Response from Llanbedr and Pembrey re race dates.

ED

 

ED chasing

 

Weston dates

CM

CM still awaiting confirmation

 

Westward Ho! Re future use.

DH

 

DH looking into

 

Perranporth race officer.

AN Other

TBA

 

Chase o/s transponders from BRITS

 

Rec’d S Harvey, DH chase GD

 

Transponders

 

NG provided a satisfactory explanatory letter which ED will upload to the BLSA website and a copy will be distributed to all FB groups and clubs.

DH said he would investigate the system to quantify transponder hire. NG suggested he may have an easier route to the info.

 

 

Membership

 

DH reported that to date we had 73 members of which 6 were new.

 

Finance

 

Current balances are as follows/ unknown as our treasurer is abroad.

Bank balance –

Paypal account -

 

Polo shirts.

 

Delivered and now despatched, 3 spare (2 x  XL , 1 x 2XL.)

 

 

 

2018 Insurance.

In place, documents posted. Membership welcome letters amended accordingly re sail numbers and carrying insurance documents.

 

Events

 

1)      2018 events

Llanbedr : ED is waiting for confirmation of a B race at Llanbedr over the May bank holiday and the Brits in September.

Pembrey: ED is also waiting to hear back from Pembrey.

Weston: CM expects to hear back by end of January.

 

 

AOB

 

Timing system: It was suggested that ED and Sharon Delahaye and DH should sit in with NG at Greatstone for some tuition on the use of our race system.

Transponder system upgrade: NG has had a communication from Jan Marques re an upgrade to the middleware, NG said he would liase with Jan and Mylaps.

Shredder events: We discussed the possibility of issues, of the public seeing in our open calendar on the BLSA website, events at Thorney Island and turning up at the gates ”en spec”. The dates have always been published and to date it has not been an issue.

BLSA Generator: CM said he would get John Brittain to have a look at the generator

Electrical back up system: ED said he would look at prices for an electrical back up system, UPS etc.

Greatstone Christina Deal B Race: ND will open the shop,  £25 per head inc food, transponders available for first time racers. NG will do the NOR.

 

Next meeting is to be held on 13th February 2018, 8.30pm.

Latest ImagesView more